Thursday, May 20, 2010

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Well, it's been almost two months since I last posted something on here. You know, I really thought that not working would free up a lot of my time, but I still seem to always be busy. It's a good thing. Loving being home with my daughter. Love being with her, revelling in the sheer miracle of her. There's no where else I'd rather be. And you know, when I was still working, I wondered if I'd be able to hack it, or if I'd be going stir-crazy, itching to be doing something more cerebral. I thought I wouldn't be fulfilled doing this, but I am. Totally. True it's only been five months, but I had lunch with the ladies that I used to work with the other day and I found myself thinking how lucky I am to not be in their shoes anymore. I can never go back to working in criminal law.

When I started out in that profession, I had a passion. I believed in what I was doing. Thought I would be making some fundamental diffence. Not so much. I quickly learned that you are not often defending the innocent being screwed over by the Man. You are usually looking for loopholes to allow degenerate, dangerous dickheads to continue to be free. It is sickening the things that really go on in your very own backyard that the common folk know nothing about. I know understand where the phrase, "ignorance is bliss" comes from. I just don't want to know anymore. So, this being my life, I have firmly decided never to go back to that, and am grateful that I didn't waste butloads of money and years of my life pursueing an education that would allow me to become a criminal lawyer. I'm just not cut out for the job.

What am I cut out for then? This is still the same question I've been asking myself for months now. The truest answer is "life of a rich person", but for some reason life hasn't realized this yet and made it so. There's a lot of talk about postive thinking and the law of attraction, so this is me putting it out there...I visualize myself receiving $330,000.00. That's right, $330,000.00. This amount just feels right to me, so I'm putting it out there. I imagine myself coming into this sum in October. Okay folks, let's see if it happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment